What information do you collect about me?
The following points relate to all users of our websites:
- If you visit our websites, we will collect certain information about how you’ll use them – for example, information about your device, your IP address, geographical location, your browser type, how you navigated to us (e.g. through a search engine). This information may be collected by a third-party analytics service or by third parties using cookies, which are active on our website. You can read our full Cookies Policy here.
- If you contact us, we will collect any information contained in any correspondance.
- If you upload or post to any account on our website, we also collect that information.
How do you use my data?
- Firstly, we’ll only use your data either as part of our services to you, with your consent (where we request it) or within our legitimate business interests.
- This may be in providing you with personalised content, understanding the performance of our websites or if we have a legal obligation to use your data.
- We’ll always take into account any potential impact that our data use may have on you.
Who do you share my information with?
Third parties we may share your personal information with include those who we work with to deliver our business operations (e.g. our web developers, digital advertisers).
How do you look after my information and how long do you keep it for?
We look for opportunities to minimise the amount of personal information we hold about you. We use technological security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access or unlawful use – such as, appropriate password protection and encryption and limiting access to your personal information for those in our company who need to use it.
Will you process my data outside of the EEA (European Economic Area)?
No, except when we are sharing information with, or using service providers based outside the EEA or if you are purchasing a product through our website.
What are my rights about the information which you hold about me?
You have many rights about the information which we hold about you, including asking us to request access to the information we hold about you and to stop processing information about you.
Do you have any examples of information you may collect about me?
Yes, we have collected examples of information that we collect for our most common user groups across all of our website.
- For readers e.g. email address, name
- For authors e.g. name, potential works, location
- For prospective employees or freelancers e.g. name, profession, proof of ID